Thanksgiving Leftover | Reinvented for Breakfast!

 There was no Black Friday shopping for me today….not that I minded.

 The one and only time I ventured out for Black Friday shopping was to appease my Filipino exchange student who wanted to experience the American Black Friday shopping experience. She wasn’t impressed. Neither was I. I prefer to shop in my jammies, coffee in hand, in front of my computer.

Thanksgiving Leftover | Reinvented for Breakfast!


But none of that today, either. Like I mentioned before, I work in healthcare. Healthcare is open 24/7, 365 days a year. So, instead of Black Friday shopping, I went to work today. We decorated the facility for Christmas, so all in all, it was a great day.

Since I have a 45 minute commute to work, I like to eat breakfast on the go. I like portable food that I can grab and go. Since I am gluten-free, gone are the days of Pop Tarts and buttered toast and bagels. So, I have to be creative. I spend Sundays baking muffins or other such portable food. I also love my Orgreenic pancake pan. This morning, I made a sweet potato chocolate chip portable pancake for one. I slathered it with almond butter. It was not the easiest finger food, but I made it work. The almond butter (homemade by the way) was worth the slight mess.


Perfect Pancakes Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Pancake


  • 1 leftover baked sweet potato, mashed
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 2 Tbsp. buckwheat flour (or flour of choice)
  • 1/2 Tbsp. maple syrup
  • dash cinnamon
  • handful of chocolate chips


Simply mix together and pour into a greased Organic pancake pan. Cook over medium heat. Check after about 5 minutes and flip. Simple as that. Simple enough for a work morning. Top with almond butter or enjoy plain.


Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Pancake for One Goethe  finished product…topped with almond butter and coffee to go. Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Pancake for One


Delicious, healthy, and a great way to use a leftover Thanksgiving sweet potato.


Devotional thought for the day:


Leftovers…nothing wasted. My time should be like that, too. 

God should get more than just my leftover time. I can be creative with leftover food to make it into something unique. I need to be creative with my time…between sleeping, commuting to and from work, working, kids’ activities, household tasks….how much of my “leftover” time do I give God? I do morning devotions which helps my mind focus for the day ahead. He deserves more of me, of my time, though, than 10 minutes in the morning.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bright Red Lips and The New Shades

Cheap or free advertising methods

Best Gratitude thoughts For Humans